Founded in 1998, DEICON is an engineering firm specializing in Sound and Vibration Control (active and passive), as well as Advanced Control Design and Prototyping.
DEICON’s vision is to be the preferred, most trusted global resource for customized products and services in passive and active noise and vibration control.
DEICON’s mission is to provide the most effective passive and active sound and vibration control solutions, customized to meet our clients’ needs. Our solutions are based on engineering and scientific principles, shaped by our vast experience and optimized according to our customers’ budgetary and time constraints.
A 1979 graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a licensed professional engineer Dr. Reza Kashani has 35 years of experience in ‘Noise and Vibration Abatement’ as well as ‘Advanced Controls’. Dr. Kashani also teaches the graduate level course in noise and vibration control at the University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio. He has numerous publications and a number of patents in these areas.
- 1. ‘Adjustable Tuned Mass Damper’, U.S. Divisional Application Serial No. 13/371,689 filed February 13, 2012
- 2. ‘Active Air Isolation’, patent application submitted; May 2009.
- 3. ‘Active Acoustic Filter’, U.S. Patent 7,492,910; issued February 17, 2009.
- 4. ‘Electronic Bass Trap for Reducing Very Low Frequency Colorization in a Listening Room,’ U.S. Patent 7,190,796 B1 issued March 13, 2007.
- 5. ‘System and method for actively damping boom noise in a vibro-acoustic enclosure’ U.S. Pat. 7305094 – Filed Jan 11, 2002.
- 6. ‘Active Boom Noise Damping’; U.S. Patent 5,974,155 issued October 26, 1999.